Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?

Certainly not to the Jersey Shore...

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

There are a Select Few People I Can Trust; I Call Them Corpses


"Please tell me that you'll be here
Right by my side
Through the night and fires...

Because these years have grown so very long
And I'm so tired

I could've sworn I saw the end coming so many times
But it was just another bend in the road

Number me with the weary
Is it so shameful to become exhausted?
More faithful companions I have not found than here
Who bear all and walk together

Especially He, who has already walked this road
Alone."

Borrowed from Johnathans page. Not sure if he wrote it or if he, too, is borrowing it.  Its not a very accurate description of how I currently feel (I'm more a shade of mischief at the moment), but it is how I have felt at times.  And it also reminds me of him very much. So it serves to quench.

No comments:

Post a Comment